I tweeted about an almost move a few weeks ago and I’m finally getting a chance to write about it. I really wish that I could write here more, but I’m so busy with work. I’ve been knitting one to two items a night and going to bed around 1 – 2 a.m. I’m beat. Fish has a budget set up for us to move, but I want to contribute as much as I can to so I’m keeping up with this schedule. I’m probably going to take some time off soon though.
Anyhow, a few weeks ago we had an opportunity to move to NC ….THIS SUMMER. Fish’s cousin lives in Western NC near the Blue Ridge Mountains. He and his family are relocating to California this summer. Kind of ironic? He contacted us and offered their house as a rent or a rent to own, if we could move in this summer around August.
Fish and I were flipping out trying to figure out if we should go for it or not. Changing our time line so drastically was very exciting and scary at the same time. We were close to deciding to go for it, but at the last minute, decided against it. If it was in the area that we want to move to I think it would have been a no brainer. We really want to live in a coastal area and I’m wasn’t too keen on the idea of a resort town close to the mountains. So we declined and I immediately felt a great sense of relief.
At this point, I don’t see the sense in settling. If we’re going to make this move, I think it should be as close to our dreams as we can make it. We’ve already set our sites on a specific area. Now we wait…