After I visited Bethany’s Blog and saw her Accent Vlog, I though it would be fun to make a video also. I was a little afraid of making a video of myself, because I’m a little overly self conscious, but I was able to complete my video without fainting so, yay!
A little background on me. I’m a California native and have lived here all my life. My mom is born and breed also, but I might have some North Eastern influence from my dad who grew up in Pennsylvania. With our plans of moving to the South this summer, I think this is a great way to document my speech now and maybe compare to a year after our move.
Here are the words and questions…
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
And here are the questions:
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
I’d love to know if anyone else is doing this. Here’s my video